We provide value to you through these services:
- reunite lost cats and dogs with their owners.
- licence cats and dogs residing in Calgary.
- enforce the Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw (23M2006).
- investigate complaints regarding animals.
- help neighbours resolve animal-related issues.
- shelter and care for impounded pets in our vet-run facility.
- provide adoption services, finding new homes for cats and dogs.
- operate a No Cost Spay/Neuter program through the Fair Entry program.
Responsible pet ownership
Pets and owners, living in harmony
Impounded cats and dogs
Cats and dogs currently impounded at the Animal Services Centre
Lost cats and dogs
Missing your pet? Found a lost pet? We want to get all animals home
Adopt a cat or dog
Interested in adopting a pet? Learn about our process
Programs and volunteering
Investing in the community
Questions or concerns? Give us a call or come down and visit
Calgary Humane Society
Animal welfare concern? Please contact the Calgary Humane Society.
Academy of Veterinary Medicine
Looking for a vet? Please contact the Calary Academy of Veterinary Medicine.
Did you know the Calgary food bank stocks pet food? If you are struggling to get food for your pets, you can get help from the Calgary food bank.
Before surrendering your pet to a shelter, consider reaching out to your community to find your pet a loving home.