Your 2023 Property Tax
Property tax is calculated and billed annually using the property's assessed value, as found on your property assessment notice, and the Council-approved property tax rate.
Do you have questions about your property taxes? Read our Property Tax Frequently Asked Questions.
- Reminder notice information
- Property tax refund
- Update School Support
- Mailing address change
- Need a copy of your tax bill or a payment receipt? Visit Property tax document request.
- Non-owners: Purchase property tax information online
2023 Property tax key dates
Tax bill time period
The annual tax bill covers the calendar year from January 1 to December 31.
If you recently purchased you property
You may not receive your tax bill – but payment is still due.
There may be delays in processing ownership and mailing address changes with The Province of Alberta Land Titles Office. As a result, some new owners may not receive their 2023 annual property tax bills. However, your 2023 property tax is still due June 30, 2023. Non-receipt of the property tax bill does not exempt owners from late payment penalties.
- The City sends property tax bills to the registered owner listed on the Certificate of Title. If you purchased a property earlier this year, the registration delays may result in the tax bill being sent to the previous owner of the property instead of you.
- If you have not received your property tax bill by the first week of June, you must call 311 (403-268-2489 if outside of Calgary) to obtain an up-to-date statement of account.
- You can either join TIPP or pay the balance in full by June 30, 2023, to avoid penalties.
- The Province of Alberta Land Titles Office processes owner and address changes. The City is not responsible for these delays.
The Province of Alberta Land Titles Office shares their registration progress online at SPIN2 app (see “Currently Registering” in the top-right).