Assessment services and information
The City of Calgary annually prepares property assessments within Calgary for the purpose of taxation. Property assessments reflect the market value of that property as of July 1 last year. Through fair and equitable assessments, the resulting property tax support City services Calgarians rely on every day.
To access assessment specific information on your property please login to Assessment Search by using your City myID account.
Assessments to residential properties are completed annually for the purpose of distributing fair and equitable taxation. Most residential properties are assessed using the sales comparison approach to value, based on The City's estimate of the property’s market value as of July 1 of the year prior, and the characteristics and conditions of the property as of December 31.
Go Paperless ContestContest runs from January 1 to March 31, 2023
Switch to paperless assessment notice (eNotice). Then enter for a chance to win one of 12 Visa gift cards valued at $250 each.Learn more
Frequently asked questions
We're here to help with questions that have been asked before.
Forms and publications
2023 Property Assessment information and how-to guides.
Authorize an agent
An individual or company is permitted to act as a representative/authorized agent for an assessed person*
- 2021 Municipal Phased Tax Program (PTP)
- 2021 Assessment Roll Highlights
- Hailstorm property adjustments
- Phased Tax Program
- Business Improvement Areas
- Market Value Assessment
- Municipal Government Act of Alberta
- Interpretation Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act
- City of Calgary Charter, 2018 Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment and Taxation Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Complaints Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Sub-classes Regulation
Open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri
Excluding statutory holidays