Information | Scheduled system upgrade - May long weekend

Due to a scheduled system upgrade, some applications and documents on may not be available from 5 p.m. Friday, May 17 until 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 21. We apologize for any inconvenience.

When to call a non-emergency number and not 911

Sometimes you might need help from first responders, but you know there isn’t an emergency. There are other numbers available to call that still get you the help you need without tying up an emergency line.

Healthlink - 811

If a medical situation is not life threatening, and you aren’t sure if an ambulance is what you need, Healthlink at 811 will connect you with a registered nurse who can walk you through your symptoms and direct you to the right help for your situation.

Non-urgent police concerns

For police concerns of a non-urgent nature such as a minor accident, general noise complaints, late reporting incidents including stolen or damaged property call the police non-emergency number at 403-266-1234.

Some police reports can also be done online.

Non-urgent questions for the fire department

311 can assist with questions around questions for the fire department that do not require dispatch.

If you want to know where to take old paint and chemicals don't call 911. The fire department has collection sites for old paint and chemicals, as well as Fire Prevention information, all accessible through 311.

The Calgary Fire Department can also be contacted at the non-emergency number at (403) 264-1022.

Bylaw concerns

Learn more about filing a bylaw complaint. For questions about bylaws, please call 311.