Accessible and equitable programs and services
An accessible city benefits everyone, including people with disabilities. Here you’ll find a variety of accessible City services and programs to participate in your communities.
Transportation | Recreation | Seniors | Waste and Recycling | Emergency Preparedness | Resources and Initiatives | Accommodations and Services | Feedback
Learn about accessible transit and transportation options, pedestrian signals, parking zones and wheelchair ramps.
Learn about accessible recreation centres, inclusive classes and fee assistance programs.
Learn about home maintenance services, snow angels and community snow removal programs.
Learn how to prepare for an emergency and how to register for the vulnerable persons registry with the Calgary Police Service.
- Calgary Emergency Management Agency
- Information for persons with hearing disabilities
- Information for persons with vision disablities
- Information for persons with mobility disabilities
- Information for persons with special medical needs
- Calgary Police Service - Persons with disability information
- Calgary Police Service - Vulnerable person self registry
- Calgary Police Service - Hate and bias crimes
Resources and Initiatives
Learn about our Corporate Accessibility policy, The City’s Advisory Committee on Accessibility, our annual accessibility awards, local disability-serving agencies and more.
- Corporate Accessibility Policy
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility Annual Awards
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Access Design Standards
- Organizations and Resources
- Directory of organizations and services available in Calgary (powered by InformAlberta.ca)
Accommodations and Services
We’re committed to accommodating diverse needs through a wide range of City programs and events.
2022 Accessibility Award Winners
View the Accessibility Award winners of the 2022 Calgary Awards below: