Heliport and Low-level Flights
ALERT: Effective September 25, 2020, a Notice to Air Missions (NOTAM) is issued indicating the heliport is closed.
Helicopters that use the downtown heliport in Calgary require prior permission from the City of Calgary. For requests or inquiries regarding the heliport, please email the Roadway Operations Group directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of the flight (arrival, departure and full contact information).
You will be contacted within one business day.
Fees for Helicopter Landing:
- Landing Fee: $54.45 + GST
- Parking Fee (Short term): $71.40 + GST
- Parking Fee (1900-0700 hrs): $111.10 + GST
The heliport is located north of the intersection at 1 Avenue S.W. and 7 Street S.W. The heliport operates during daylight hours only.
Aircraft low level flights within city of Calgary
Requests for low-level flights for any type of aircraft within Calgary city limits require a Letter of No Objection from The City. After receiving the letter, the applicant must then provide it to Transport Canada.
How to apply
Email TEBusinessSupport@calgary.ca with the information below to acquire a Letter of No Objection:
- Full contact information of applicant (name, phone number, address, email)
- Organization (if applicable)
- Date and time of proposed flight
- Alternate date and time (in case of bad weather)
- Purpose of proposed flight
- Route of proposed flight
- Elevation of proposed flight
- Specifics of location
- Aircraft type
- Air speed
- Any relevant flight details (e.g., 2 CF-18 Hornets at 500ft. AGL at 400KIAS)
The letter will be processed within 10 business days, providing all required information is included and there are no conflicting issues or events.