Ralph Klein Park
About the park
The Environmental Education Centre features an indoor classroom, resource library, art studio, interpretive signage, meeting space and composting/low flush toilets. The Centre is a LEED Platinum certified project. The entire Centre can be booked for special events or each room individually.
The man-made wetland was constructed specifically to improve stormwater quality before it enters the Bow River system. The grounds themselves have a picnic area and a community orchard that boasts five varieties of pear trees and eight varieties of apple trees.
Address: 12350 84 St. S.E.
Area: 30.35 hectares
Environmental Education Centre hours of operation:
Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Until Oct. 31: facility open Thursday to Sunday
Starting Nov. 1: facility open Saturday and Sunday
Closed for Statutory holidays.
Outdoor washrooms are available during park hours.
- Ralph Klein Park is a wetland. Bringing bug spray and sun protection is highly recommended.
- Ralph Klein Park is a natural environment - no dogs are permitted on site (except assistance dogs).
- Speed limit is 30 km on the park access road.
- The Centre is on well water and beverage services are not available. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- The site has a zero waste target and Styrofoam or disposable containers are discouraged.
- Pack out what you pack in - help us reach our zero waste goals.
Ralph Klein Park video
Ralph Klein Park makes history
There are numerous community and public parks in Calgary to explore.
Need additional information on our parks and activities? Want to request maintenance?