Waste Hauler Directory for Business and Property Managers
Choosing the right waste hauler for your business or multi-family complex makes a big difference in the success of your waste diversion program. Your relationship with them will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a program that is simple and easy for your tenants to use.
Hauler directory listing
Use the directory list below to find a waste company that picks up garbage, recycling, food and yard waste or large items for either multi-family or businesses.
You can either browse through the company listings or search for a service by selecting one service type at a time and pressing submit.
You can then visit the hauler company website for contact and specific information.
Before you choose to contact a hauler, check out our tips for hiring a waste hauler.
Directory search tool
Little Big Recycling
Calgary Urban Recycling (CUR)
City of Calgary Commercial Collection
Condo Recycling Solutions
Environmental 360 Solutions
Fin-Wall Site Services
Flying Pigs Recycling Inc.
Tips for hiring a collection company
There are a lot of considerations when choosing a hauler for your garbage, recycling or food and yard waste collection.
If you are setting up a new service, you can negotiate service level, frequency and cost as rates are not set by The City.
Before switching to a new hauler, contact your current waste hauler as they might be able to offer additional services or adjust your current service levels.
Below are some questions to consider when talking to a prospective collection company.
- What types of properties do you serve/ specialize in?
- Will you provide a contract? May I see a sample? Would you sign a contract we create?
- Is there an automatic renewal clause in your contract?
- What will the service cost?
- How will I be invoiced?
- Will you help us determine if we have the right number and size of food and yard waste containers and give an opportunity to adjust if needed?
- Do you collect all of the materials that the bylaw requires?
- Do you collect other items beyond this list?
- What kind of food and yard waste storage options do you offer? Are you able to be flexible about storage locations and container types?
- Note: You should invite the potential service provider to see available space at your building and talk about storage solutions.
- Do you provide food and yard waste containers (e.g. kitchen pails) for inside our building?
- Do you provide cleaning services for our indoor or outdoor containers?
- Do you provide paper bags or compostable bags to line the containers?
- Where do you take your food and yard waste after you pick it up? How must the material be prepared?
- How will the material be picked up?
- How often will you collect the material?
- Will you provide signs, flyers or other support to help my tenants, employees and customers learn how to use the service?
Know Before You Throw
Looking for more options? Know Before you Throw is an online search tool to help businesses and property managers dispose of traditional and specialty waste items that are unique to their properties.
You can search by type of waste material to find out additional recycling and disposal options.
Waste Bylaw and Additional Resources
Multi-family complexes, businesses and organization in Calgary must have waste diversion programs in place as per Waste Bylaw 4M2020. It was created with flexibility and choice so you can work with private waste diversion companies to tailor a program to best meet your needs.
Legal disclaimer information
The content on our website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content of our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date. Your use of the website is at your own risk and The City has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this website.
This website may include content provided by third parties, including from other users and third-party licensors. All statements and/or opinions expressed in any such third party content, other than the content provided by The City, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of The City. The City is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any third party materials.
For your convenience, this website may provide links or reference to third party sites. We make no representations about any websites that may be accessed from this website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk. We have no control over the contents of any such third party sites, and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage the may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third party sites. If you choose to obtain services through any third party, you do so at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of third party services.